Saturday, February 2, 2013

Monoboob no more!


I am fairly sure, when you factor in my time, I just paid $250 for a bra.  
Maybe more if I add fees for pain and psychological stress.

In the land of ridiculously enhanced ladies, I would think it would be easier to find reasonably priced, pretty undergarments for the over-blessed woman.

No, I don't want a grandma bra.
No, I don't want a recycled windsock.
No, I don't want a sports bra.
No, I don’t want something so hideous, I have to hide it in the back of the drawer in fear of scaring my other undergarments.  Or even worse, a snooping guest or burglar.  Although, hey, this might be a new way to deter theft….put the ugly clothing to the front of drawers.  I think I am on to something here.

I would like the same pretty options as my itty-bitty friends, just with more support.
Thankyouverymuch.

I’m a fashionista at heart.  I enjoy little details.
Okay, yes, I live in the Stay at Home Mum Uniform of jeans and fleece jackets; but really, I drool over beautiful fabrics and design, and know one day I will return to wearing something a little more stylish.

For now, I have a bee in my bonnet about quality undergarments with less industrial undertones and likeliness to create the dreaded monoboob.

And I am on to the scam of pretty bras in larger sizes, that look great for the 30 seconds you try them on; but not so much when worn for the day.
I call these Picasso to Dali bras. 
You can paint your own picture of what this means…..

I don’t think I am asking much.  A lot of support here, a little feminine touch there, and there and there, and some fun fabrics and colors to boot.  All for less than I could pay for a half tank of gas (sad, I cannot say a full tank these days).

I close with this mantra….

Pick them up from the floor
Monoboob no more!
Feminine and pretty
That does not make me look one hundred and fifty!

No comments:

Post a Comment